Sunday, November 4, 2012

{Pinned it, Made it! Monday} Easy Sugar Cookies


Last Sunday evening, I made a batch of these sugar cookies, in preparation for Hurricane Sandy which was on its way. We thought it would be something good to have in case our electricity went out during the storm.
 
Easy Sugar Cookies
 
Well, our electricity DID go out...
 
but it wasn't so bad since we had these cookies! :)
 
This is the photo I pinned on Pinterest, which originally came from allrecipes.com:
 

 

Easy Sugar Cookies

 

2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 c. butter, softened

1-1/2  cups white sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla extract

 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll in white sugar, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. Original recipe makes 4 dozen.

ENJOY!

For more Pinned it, Made it! Monday posts, go HERE!

4 comments:

  1. These cookies are very yummy! I'm glad you made them for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm pinning this! Joy especially loves sugar cookies. I'll have to talk her into making these for us! :) Thanks for sharing, Amber and thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to give these a try! Sound and look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these look so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe. These would taste yummy with our evening cup of coffee! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Ooh~la~la! I'm so glad you came to visit. I enjoy hearing from you! :)